This week the Calgary Flames Foundation will distribute over $800,000 in support of Calgary Flames Foundation programs and projects. Funds are directed to charities and organizations in Calgary and southern Alberta supported by the Calgary Flames Foundation on an annual basis.
These programs and charities include:
· The Rotary Flames House through the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation
· Kids Cancer Care Foundation’s PEER Program
· Calgary Flames Sports Bank
· Flames EvenStrength and Flames Community House League through KidSport Calgary
· HEROS and SuperHEROS (Hockey Education Reaching Out Society)
· Hockey Alberta Foundation’s Every Kid Every Community
· Impact Society education programs
· Calgary and southern Alberta Scholarships
· Post-Secondary Hockey Programs
The Calgary Flames Foundation is proud to work with charities and organizations in our community to create impactful programming that serves the mandate of the Foundation.
The mandate of the Calgary Flames Foundation is to improve the lives of southern Albertans through support of health and wellness, education and grassroots sports programs. Since the ownership group brought the team to Calgary in 1980 the Calgary Flames Foundation has injected millions into the community. Since March 2020 the Calgary Flames Foundation COVID-19 Community Support Program has distributed over $2.5 million. For more information and for details on the above programs visit www.calgaryflamesfoundation.com