ARE WE making an impact?
IS THIS what having a professional sports team means to the community?
ARE WE creating change?
These are all questions we ask ourselves when evaluating the work of the Calgary Flames Foundation. When the ownership brought this team to Calgary over 35 years ago, making a positive impact on the community was at the forefront of the franchise’s objectives.
Benefit southern Alberta by being here.
Improving the lives of southern Albertans through support of health and wellness, education and grassroots, and amateur sports programs has long since been the mandate of the Calgary Flames Foundation. Success has come in part by the injection of millions into the southern Alberta community: $30 million since 2001 and more recently $3 million in 2016-17.
As we, the organization and charity asks ourselves, “Are the Flames making a difference in the community? Are we succeeding in our mandate?”
We hope that you — our stakeholders, donors, season ticket holders, sponsors, volunteers and fans — are assured that we are.
We are fortunate to have our players committed to bettering the community and are proud to see captain Mark Giordano (recipient of the 2017 ESPN Muhammad Ali Sports Humanitarian Award) and Travis Hamonic (recipient of the 2017 NHL Foundation Award) recently recognized for their philanthropy.
Yet the Calgary Flames Foundation could not have reached so many of our charitable goals without you, and we sincerely thank you for your generous support. We hope you feel proud of our joint accomplishments when you attend an event, purchase a 50-50 ticket, participate in an auction or act as an ambassador for our charity. We are proud of the programs and projects we have created and invested in and we hope you are too.
Thank you once again for your tremendous support.
Calgary Flames Foundation
Board of Directors
President & CEO
- Murray Edwards, Chairman, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Alvin Libin, Director, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Allan Markin, Director, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Jeffrey McCaig, Director, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- James Riddell, Director, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Ken M. King, Vice Chairman, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- John Bean, President and CEO, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Cameron Olson, CFO, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Jim Peplinski, Executive Chairman, Humberview Group of Companies
- James Bagshaw, Vice-President of Marketing (retired), Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- George Brookman, President and CEO, West Canadian Industries
- Shane King, Partner, Head of Litigation & Dispute Resolution Practice Group, McLeod Law
- Sloane Muldoon, Senior VP, Prairie Regional Office, Scotiabank
- Peter Hanlon, VP, Communication, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
- Doug Mitchell, National Co-Chair, Borden Ladner Gervais LPP
- John Taylor, President & CEO, Black Diamond Land & Cattle Company
- John Hufnagel, President & GM, Calgary Stampeder Football Club
- Mike Franco, Senior Director, Business Operations, Calgary Stampeder Football Club
- Candice Goudie, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
Interim Executive Director
- Kathryn Truscott, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation
CRA # 118823525RR0001